Friday 1 April 2016

{Day Out} Pretville


South Africa over the past few years has undergone a change in the music and film industry and slowly there has been more recognition of what is available locally. 


A while back, a friend of mine went to Pretville, located in Hartebeesport for an engagement photo-shoot and told me, knowing I love all things old fashioned and vintage that this is a spot i have to go to! From what I understood at the time this was a spot that had a museum a milkshake cafe and was inspired by the 50's (I was already sold). But when I went to Pretville for myself I discovered that Pretville is the location where the Afrikaans musical based in the 50's "Pretville" was filmed by Paul Kruger who happens to be the owner of Hartiwood Films (you may recognise other movies of his; French Toast and Liefling). This Film set has now been opened to the public where you can visit a museum, watch the Pretville or French Toast movie at the bi-scope or have a milkshake or two! 




This was my first visit and will certainly not be the last! I will wait to watch the Pretville movie in Pretville with a chocolate milkshake for my next visit!





 I look forward to seeing this theme park grow and what Pretville has to offer in the future. 



Until next time!

Mentions in this post:

Pretville │Hartiwood Films │ French Toast │Liefling

No comments :

Post a Comment

Beautiful thoughts